The Bloodfire Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bloodfire Brotherhood

The Bloodfire Brotherhood on the Rack a Society within The Pirates of the Burning Sea

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

We need guidelines

Go down 
+2
Kitty Luckshot
Owl
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

We need guidelines Empty
PostSubject: We need guidelines   We need guidelines Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 2:17 pm

WE NEED GUIDELINES
ON ROLEPLAYING
IN THE VARIOUS
FORMS OF GROUP CHAT.

Society chat -- Do we roleplay in it or not?
Group chat -- Is it roleplay or not?

I generally keep regular "Local" chat to roleplay, but those two seem to have a lot of confusion around them and I'm tired of being IC and seeing OOC responses or vice versa. It doesn't make any sense and it needs to be fixed.

So?
Back to top Go down
Owl
Pirate Lord "Boss Mon"
Pirate Lord
Owl

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-02-21

We need guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need guidelines   We need guidelines Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 3:33 pm

I agree we should have more comments on this, you are right though!
Back to top Go down
Kitty Luckshot
Scoundrel
Scoundrel

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-02-22

We need guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need guidelines   We need guidelines Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 3:48 pm

My votes:

Group: never
Society: I'm open to IC or OOC
Local: IC preferred
Area: LOL spammers
Back to top Go down
Balgar Romelvitch
Scoundrel
Scoundrel

Number of posts : 32

We need guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need guidelines   We need guidelines Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 3:56 pm

I think Society and Local should both be RP, Group should be at leader's choice, and the rest OOC
Back to top Go down

We need guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need guidelines   We need guidelines Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 1:20 am

yea but when ooc there needs to be something to show it's ooc. Something like I tend to use is (( )) for my ooc. When in group. Group is OOC. Local chat IC. and Society IC and ooc when in (()). This is how I ran it in my old guild and I've seen it ran in others. So it seems to work pretty well.

Second thing is. I'm seeing some mixing with folks. People who don't understand their character is separate from themselves. Maybe the leadership should look in on this. Always remember. IC is completely diffirent from OOC. I as Tillek may be a womanizing over zealous loud mouth, But ooc'ly I am not that kinda guy. If you insult Tillek. I don't get offended OOC'ly. Ic'ly prepare for a butt kicking.

I think the only other thing I have seen that could use some work is we need to set aside some time for Society RP. Like Saturday nights are RP night and we meet at a pub and have at it.

Other then that I have nothing to add.
Back to top Go down
The Black Sword
Pirate Lord "Boss Mon"
Pirate Lord
The Black Sword

Number of posts : 83

We need guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need guidelines   We need guidelines Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 6:20 am

Kitty Luckshot wrote:
My votes:

Group: never
Society: I'm open to IC or OOC
Local: IC preferred
Area: LOL spammers

Good call! I like it.......
Back to top Go down
Matora
Sailor
Sailor

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-02-28

We need guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need guidelines   We need guidelines Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 10:57 am

Generally speaking
Group OOC
Society IC
Local IC
Back to top Go down

We need guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need guidelines   We need guidelines Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 4:36 pm

Leadership? Davey? Owl? =P
Time to say what style it is. This shouldn't be a vote, this should be a "this is how it is" type of thing because of the apparent confusion on the matter. Lay down the law.

And I agree with Tillek.

We also need to take into consideration that I don't think some of you understand the extent of "IC".. In Character would imply that you are, in fact, only in character. Talking like a pirate about things in the modern, real life world does NOT warrant as IC/roleplay.

Example:
Bad -- "Arr, my car broke down and I have to go get it repaired, mateys."
Good -- (( My car broke down. Have to go to the mechanic, see you guys later. ))

Why? Because Maeve Roderick doesn't have a car. Maeve Roderick doesn't have a mechanic. I do. We're not the same person.
Back to top Go down
Owl
Pirate Lord "Boss Mon"
Pirate Lord
Owl

We need guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need guidelines   We need guidelines Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 4:36 am

Maeve Roderick wrote:
Lay down the law.

The Code is Law!

Area and local: in character
Group: up to yourself
Society: in character or ((out))!

Last edited by Owl on Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

We need guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need guidelines   We need guidelines Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 4:41 am

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Aguinara
Scurvy Dawgs
Scurvy Dawgs
Aguinara

Number of posts : 20

We need guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need guidelines   We need guidelines Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 7:32 pm

What about 'tell' to other members?
Back to top Go down

We need guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need guidelines   We need guidelines Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 3:12 am

Aguinara wrote:
What about 'tell' to other members?

That'd be between you and the individual person, I'd imagine. =P
Guild rule doesn't really dictate private convo.
Back to top Go down

We need guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need guidelines   We need guidelines Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 9:40 am

I'm noticing a trend here ...

We're getting pretty danged rulebound. There's a lot of "MUST DO THIS" and "MUST NOT DO THAT" and LAW being thrown around.

Look, I'll conform as best I can ... but if I'm tired and I omit a (( )) before I say AFK then let's not pretend I'm going to be keel-hauled for it.

These posts are seriously off-putting to a free spirit such as myself.
Back to top Go down
Aguinara
Scurvy Dawgs
Scurvy Dawgs
Aguinara

We need guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need guidelines   We need guidelines Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 9:55 am

Black Queeg wrote:

We're getting pretty danged rulebound. There's a lot of "MUST DO THIS" and "MUST NOT DO THAT" and LAW being thrown around.

Look, I'll conform as best I can ... but if I'm tired and I omit a (( )) before I say AFK then let's not pretend I'm going to be keel-hauled for it.

These seem to be guidelines and not rules - something that we just put down and try n follow? Surely guidelines are something that one tries to follow, but if they are broken then there is no harm. Do you agree Mr. Queeq?
Back to top Go down
Owl
Pirate Lord "Boss Mon"
Pirate Lord
Owl

We need guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need guidelines   We need guidelines Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 11:05 am

As far as i am concerned there are no rules, but i was asked to be clear about certain guidelines when it comes to roleplaying and not breaking immersion for certain members, and i agree to just that!

I have never said that anyone should do something in fact i have certain issues myself when leadin' a group in battle! I am not the leader type nor would i truly aspire to be as such, still after creating The Brotherhood i find myself sometimes in that role but any help or say has always been welcomed on my behalf and i do belief that we all have a say in many affairs if not all!

Do not get me wrong from a roleplaying perspective i rather enjoy my role a bit but that is about it...
Back to top Go down

We need guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need guidelines   We need guidelines Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 1:57 pm

Black Queeg wrote:

If you're talking about this in comparison to the Dutch-killing incident yesterday, you're being ridiculous. Remember that you joined a ROLEPLAY GUILD. It says it in everything. We roleplay. This post was asking for guidelines on just that, because there were a lot of things not making sense and obvious confusion among the members. Honestly, I'm just looking for the same effort I put into my own character from other people, and I think I'm entitled to that.

The Dutch thing was also only because Kitty didn't want to ruin her faction because of the level 45 quests as she stated. No one else had a problem with it, and so again that's just an issue of common courtesy for someone you're playing with.

So what, exactly, do you have a problem with?
Back to top Go down

We need guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need guidelines   We need guidelines Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 4:01 pm

Black Queeg wrote:

Owl wrote:

The Code is Law!

Area and local: in character
Group: up to yourself
Society: in character or ((out))!

so here it says it's law. And seems pretty much like we're a heavy RP guild. Man that post made me pretty comfortable. Even

Owl wrote:
As far as i am concerned there are no rules,

here it's just guidelines. Ya know a RP guild should either be an RP guild or not. specaily if you tell people who actively say they want a heavy rp guild to join. I'm gonna be honest with you. Owl man. You seem to be straddling the fence. And leaders can not do that. Point blank. You made a guild. It is your purpose as a guild leader and founder to lay down lays and rules along with standards. A guild leader has a responsibilty to do that no matter how unpleasant it is. Thats the thing that comes with the title.

Now as for queef. Man. I don't think I've ever seen someone join an rp guild who outwardly didn't even want to really RP. And you get pretty fussy when something dosen't go your way. Freespirit is one thing man. Childish is another. Really man. You were told outright that 1 person in the group didn't want to ruin their faction with said faction. Respect that. Don't come here and cry about rules. Every guild has them except for the ones usualy ran by kids and asshats. I don't really like you but I still respect you as a guild mate. Hence why even after you irked me I helped you keep that ship of yours intact. Respect is key in guilds. So are rules. Other wise we're no better then those 50's played by teenie kids who gank folks in the red.
Back to top Go down

We need guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need guidelines   We need guidelines Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 4:42 pm

I had no problem with not killing the dutch, except for the way we had it rammed down our throats. I'm not here for some of you to bark orders at. I didn't initiate that fight. And once we were in it and suddenly Maeve starts barking at me that it's a "Society rule that we don't kill dutch!", then I thought it perfectly reasonable to ask why. And then I was told it always had been, when PLAINLY less than an hour before we'd wiped out an entire Dutch convoy.

At the time, I was thinkin' Kitty had been in the group with us earlier. It was only much later that I realized she had joined later and hadn't been around. If someone is working on a particular faction, I've always respected that. But I'm not going to be barked at.

I had considered this society to be more or less an online "biker club" for pirates and staying in some modicum of roleplay. Looks like it's not what I expected.
Back to top Go down

We need guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need guidelines   We need guidelines Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 5:02 pm

I didn't "bark" anything. Kitty said she didn't want to kill them, and you started to complain about how we weren't figuring it out as you were getting destroyed by the ships we'd engaged. So I said exactly what was happening, as I figured I was entitled to do because I was leading the group, and you argued, bitched, and moaned some more about how you didn't understand it. What there wasn't to understand, I'm not sure, but I continued to explain that as long as there were people in the group who minded it we shouldn't kill them.

Now!

I did claim it was always a society rule, but I also said it's one I don't quite understand myself. That being said, I freely admit to saying I've broken it several times in the past, but the difference between you and I is that I don't just run around and kill things in spite of what my group members ask. I respect their choices to keep their standings and factions in tact because I don't want to impede on anyone else's fun.

...Unless they're ridiculous, immature man-children who can't seem to understand common courtesy, and think the only fun is getting to do exactly what he wants regardless of anyone else 100% of the time. =)
Back to top Go down

We need guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need guidelines   We need guidelines Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 5:12 pm

Since you've decided to personally attack me, it more or less validates my decision to leave. I've enjoyed my interactions with the rest of the group, but I don't think I'll be the last person you drive away, Maeve.
Back to top Go down

We need guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need guidelines   We need guidelines Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 5:21 pm

Well considering you left before I made that post, I'm not too worried about it.

At any rate, if me retaliating to you completely misunderstanding me and claiming that I was "barking orders" at you, and then simply restating what had happened because you clearly STILL don't comprehend the entire argument is driving you away, then I'm sorry you're so sensitive.

I'm no expert on the subject, but I'd imagine tougher skin would be required for a "biker club". Especially the mythological one you've set in your head that has no rules or guidelines.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Aguinara
Scurvy Dawgs
Scurvy Dawgs
Aguinara

We need guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need guidelines   We need guidelines Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 6:02 pm

((eats popcorn, guild drama =D

Now in all honestly I have been very busy with college and haven't had time to put in my character like you guys have. I'll try and do better. I have broken those rules on more than one occasion, it probably doesn't help either that I am rather quiet. I will try and do better. The guidelines seem more than fair to me. I can't comprehend why anyone couldn't agree with them as they aren't demanding at all.

But lets all try and get along - we are just starting all this, or at least I am. I just got on for the first time just over a week ago and some such.
))
Back to top Go down
Balgar Romelvitch
Scoundrel
Scoundrel

Number of posts : 32

We need guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need guidelines   We need guidelines Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 8:00 pm

As someone who's been in a lot of RP guilds, this stuff is pretty standard rules, no rules BANNING OOC (which in in a game with no player-made channels is silly), just saying "Hey, Society is IC, if you want to say something about lag or something just slap (( )) and we're good.
Back to top Go down
Matora
Sailor
Sailor

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-02-28

We need guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need guidelines   We need guidelines Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 11:36 am

Seems the little society that I joined has grown up some!

Haven't done much grouping yet, though I expect that will change in the near future now that I'm more comfortable captaining and won't worry so much about being in the way or the little tag along Smile

Not enough free time to catch up in level to alot of ya but I'll be out and about as I can.

As far as the chat stuff goes I don't look at it as a law. Guideline maybe, but more of a language thing. I'd like to be talking in the same language as the person I'm speaking with after all and this just helps cut out alot of confusion.

The Dutch thing and the society, I look at that as a nice little quirk for the society. Heck if some of them occasionally have 'accidents' and it's kept from general society knowledge....we -are- pirates after all Razz
Back to top Go down
Kitty Luckshot
Scoundrel
Scoundrel

Number of posts : 26

We need guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need guidelines   We need guidelines Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 1:02 pm

Matora wrote:
Haven't done much grouping yet, though I expect that will change in the near future now that I'm more comfortable captaining and won't worry so much about being in the way or the little tag along Smile

Feel free to ask to join a "big game" hunting group. Being low level/small shipped isn't really a handicap. Most of us 35+ can just as easily solo the 50 spawns, we're grouping for the social aspect, mainly. Even if I'm soloing, I welcome people to come along. Even if your less that lv. 20 or so. I think most others are the same.

Besides, 200+ xp per kill makes those early levels fly by. You're not missing much and you can do the missions at any level. Even if you don't use a bigger boat for them, you'll have more skills to play with.

The most important things for a small ship on a big game hunt are:
1) Don't get shot!
2) Learn about the OS spawn positioning, so you can follow #1.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

We need guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need guidelines   We need guidelines Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We need guidelines
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Bloodfire Brotherhood :: General Discussion :: General Discussions-
Jump to: