The Bloodfire Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bloodfire Brotherhood

The Bloodfire Brotherhood on the Rack a Society within The Pirates of the Burning Sea

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who dare sail upon red waters?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Who dare sail upon red waters? Empty
PostSubject: Who dare sail upon red waters?   Who dare sail upon red waters? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 2:06 pm

I'm gettin' ready to try my hand at a little pvp, and I know it's dangerous to solo so I was wondering if anyone else had
an intrest in sailing the red circle.

I'd like to set up a pvp night maybe where once a week we all climb into a ship we don't care about and go get sunk.
Back to top Go down
Kitty Luckshot
Scoundrel
Scoundrel

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Who dare sail upon red waters?   Who dare sail upon red waters? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 2:46 pm

I've got 2 DP on a Strals, that's on the scuttle list, I'd be happy to make a suicide run with you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who dare sail upon red waters?   Who dare sail upon red waters? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 3:31 pm

What night would this be on? Smile
Back to top Go down
The Black Sword
Pirate Lord "Boss Mon"
Pirate Lord
The Black Sword

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-02-21

PostSubject: Aye we do   Who dare sail upon red waters? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 5:53 pm

I say we do dare and in numbers we will pose a threat, not just target practice!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who dare sail upon red waters?   Who dare sail upon red waters? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 1:31 pm

Lets figure out when would be good for everyone intrested. Please post what time zone you are in and what night would be good for you.

I am free most nights after 7pm central - 12pm

I am thinking thursday or tuesday night
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who dare sail upon red waters?   Who dare sail upon red waters? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 1:57 pm

I'm aboard. We could use some more practice hunting together though. We tend to run into each other and cross our lines of fire a lot. Last night we had just about gotten it down, flanking our opponents and taking shots at the same angle to wear down their armor.
Back to top Go down
Owl
Pirate Lord "Boss Mon"
Pirate Lord
Owl

Number of posts : 210

PostSubject: Re: Who dare sail upon red waters?   Who dare sail upon red waters? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 9:35 pm

Well we gots our pvp plenty today methinks, at the hands 'o none other than that damnable fellow Levi *er* something!
Back to top Go down
The Black Sword
Pirate Lord "Boss Mon"
Pirate Lord
The Black Sword

PostSubject: Sinking at the hands of other's   Who dare sail upon red waters? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 8:29 am

Hehe! ye sink again mate?

Don't worry we will catch em soon! We have an advantage! We take what ships we want and we may cost them a DP er two! but the rate that we can aquire ships fer free is whorth running them down into the heat of battle! Eventually the cost of their upgrades and ships will make'em loose more than we will!

I love the Pirate way!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who dare sail upon red waters?   Who dare sail upon red waters? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 12:41 am

So is anyone intrested?

If so please put down what time is best for you and we can try and work out a weekly night
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who dare sail upon red waters?   Who dare sail upon red waters? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 3:16 pm

I'm interested just about every night. Setting a designated night seems to imply that we won't be PvPing any other night. To heck with that.

As more and more players come to Bonny, you're going to have a hard time avoiding PvP zones. Have you created a character on Blackbeard? There you can pretty much only be safe down by the British starting area and then in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico. Everywhere else you're risking your ship and cargo.

This is apparently a PvP game. We've got to stop being afraid of losing our ships.
Back to top Go down
The Black Sword
Pirate Lord "Boss Mon"
Pirate Lord
The Black Sword

PostSubject: Re: Who dare sail upon red waters?   Who dare sail upon red waters? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 3:28 pm

Black Queeg wrote:

This is apparently a PvP game. We've got to stop being afraid of losing our ships.

AYE! To that Mr. Queeg. We must be redily available to PvP! I am not just interested in the adventure of PvE and the story line, but what intrigues me about this game is the end game! It has replayability for long time to come! I am interested in being quite the presence in port battles, especially if FLS takes some of our suggestions in tweeking the goodies ye get for ransacking a port! I am with you! That's why I built a provisioner to make unrest bundles! Hehe we are PIRATES! we'll just grab another ship...... I cant wait untill I can capture one of those SOL's!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who dare sail upon red waters?   Who dare sail upon red waters? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 4:53 pm

One of the better things is the realism of the ships ... smaller ships are less visible and faster than big ships ... meaning a newbie can get away from a bigger ship!

I've fought in three PvP battles so far. The first one I ran away and had no issue getting away. The second one I had the weather gage on and he came right at me. I blasted his sails down to 60% then when he got close and turned to broadside me I used "cut sail" and ran like the wind past his stern and got away. He only got one good broadside on me which wasn't enough to do much.

The third PvP battle was 3 to 1 and the wind wasn't in my favor. They came downwind at me and I took three broadsides at once, sinking me. I had no cargo on me and it was one of 3 Heavy Snows I had in port, so it was no real loss.

Every one of these PvP battles was against someone level 40 or higher. Seems low levels avoid PvP like the plague. Except in a board event, a low level has as good a chance as a higher level in a fight. Seems like the level difference really doesn't matter as much as it does in other games.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who dare sail upon red waters?   Who dare sail upon red waters? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 5:02 pm

Black Queeg wrote:
Seems like the level difference really doesn't matter as much as it does in other games.

Just means they had more skill points to distribute and the ability to capture a bigger boat, so yeah, if you're smart about it it's not a huuge issue.

However, we can't forget that these level 40+ generally roam in packs, and then I don't care who you are you're at a serious disadvantage when you're level 20-30 and going on against 6 x rank 40+s in giant frigates. I do think we should start PVPing, but we need to get a night going where we're all on and able so that we have a chance.
Back to top Go down
Jack Skellington of PBS
Sailor
Sailor

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: jack is always up fer a good fight   Who dare sail upon red waters? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 5:05 pm

I Agree with Black.

this game was designed fer pvp play and im looking forward to it.

we do have to be prepared to loose ships as someone stated. but the good thing is we can capture another just as easy.

i think we need to start developing tactics and perfecting them as well. out gunning are opponrnts will not always work esp when we start facing some of the rate ships.

im at the hospital texting this lol from my trusty BlackJACK HEHE

i should b on later after 8pm pacific.

im having pirate withdraws and the rum isnt cutting it
Back to top Go down
Kitty Luckshot
Scoundrel
Scoundrel

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Who dare sail upon red waters?   Who dare sail upon red waters? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 9:21 pm

Most important thing: get level 35!

This lets you use grade 5 repair kits, which are pretty much 0 to 100% on small and medium ships.
Back to top Go down
The Black Sword
Pirate Lord "Boss Mon"
Pirate Lord
The Black Sword

PostSubject: Re: Who dare sail upon red waters?   Who dare sail upon red waters? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 7:18 am

Kitty Luckshot wrote:
Most important thing: get level 35!

Good point! I had a failed attempt to try to organize a group to raise conquest points at Cabo! As we moved in several jumped into port while 5 ( 2-50, 1-48, 1-46 & 43 ) British ships closed in on myself and Maeve........at this point it was SUICIDE! Meself only Lvl 27 and Captain'n a Locust MC.....We were handed the depth's in just a few short minutes, I was able to volly a few times with pointless effects.....Although, It was confirmed that they all used different shot....which made us unable to run and rather easy target practice.....another thing i noticed they quickly circled and separated myself from Maeve.....a couple of tactics to take note of......

As fate would have it i sank the rest of my fleet trying to obtain a Mystique Polace and a Agamemnon Bark! I was able to obtain both with the help of Mr. Montoyo......hehe there i was in a Limburg flute! last ship trying to take on a Lvl 25 Bark! Hehe!

So all n all! I have rebuilt me fleet in a matter of a few hours.......So I will be ready at 35! I am not worried about going into the red again....those ships were beatable! well if we had comparable ships to go toe to toe! It was fun and I can't wait to try again!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who dare sail upon red waters?   Who dare sail upon red waters? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who dare sail upon red waters?
Page 1 of 1