The Bloodfire Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bloodfire Brotherhood

The Bloodfire Brotherhood on the Rack a Society within The Pirates of the Burning Sea

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Swashbuckling Combat

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The Black Sword
Pirate Lord "Boss Mon"
Pirate Lord
The Black Sword

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-02-21

Swashbuckling Combat Empty
PostSubject: Swashbuckling Combat   Swashbuckling Combat Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 5:49 am

Is it just me or is the avatar combat more difficult? At times the swarm of attackers seem to always anialate me! Is anyone else having a problem with keeping up?
Back to top Go down
Owl
Pirate Lord "Boss Mon"
Pirate Lord
Owl

Number of posts : 210

PostSubject: Re: Swashbuckling Combat   Swashbuckling Combat Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 8:21 am

And i always thought it to be me, aye i be havin' that same problem matey!
Back to top Go down
Lily La Salle
Pirate
Pirate
Lily La Salle

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Swashbuckling Combat   Swashbuckling Combat Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 10:55 am

it is harder. i have the same issues.
Back to top Go down
Geranimo
Sailor
Sailor
Geranimo

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Swashbuckling Combat   Swashbuckling Combat Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 11:57 am

I usually do not have a problem in boarding combat as I get the enemy crew really low.

Missions I use sprint if I get to low so I can bandage, you can split the npc with sprint also.

I use brace of pistols and take aim to take em down faster also.

Flash powder and firecracker are a big help also when fighting a bunch of enemys.
Back to top Go down
Lily La Salle
Pirate
Pirate
Lily La Salle

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Swashbuckling Combat   Swashbuckling Combat Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 1:04 pm

ahh! good info Gerannimo, thanks!
Back to top Go down
The Black Sword
Pirate Lord "Boss Mon"
Pirate Lord
The Black Sword

PostSubject: Re: Swashbuckling Combat   Swashbuckling Combat Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 2:53 pm

Well that be helpful! Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Kitty Luckshot
Scoundrel
Scoundrel

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Swashbuckling Combat   Swashbuckling Combat Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 4:39 pm

Respec Florentine, stack balance & balance regen, ctrl-click Elegant Loop, engage Active Block when you have around 80 init, tap Rending Strike every so often. Use gambit to shed aggro if you're getting too much. I think I've died less than 5 times since level 5 in outdoor avcom. For ship boarding, I'll die maybe one time for every 30 waves.

Although, I'm playing with Fencing on the test server, and it has it's high points too.

Dirty Fighting can be tricky if you have 3+ opponent NPCs. You don't have the balance regen to save you in a longer fight. So you should focus on stuns and disables, to take some out of the fight. Also, you can't balance duel, so you need to be able to hit through full balance, so stack +offense to be able to.

Oh, and if you're boarding, "Hold the Line" crew command will give you +10 balance for you and your crew. I have around 130 with that running.
Back to top Go down
The Black Sword
Pirate Lord "Boss Mon"
Pirate Lord
The Black Sword

PostSubject: Re: Swashbuckling Combat   Swashbuckling Combat Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 12:03 pm

Hmmm, I have been using those BLOCK and Parry stacks and it still seems to be hard in combat! I have been studdying and it does appaer that Fencing might have the best offensive attack! I need to read up some more though....It took me awhile just to get the hang of Ship combat.....I applaud FLS because this certainly isnot just a button slamming game for sure! It takes alot of thinking ahead to get anywere and I like that! It is the best stratigic game I have ever played!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swashbuckling Combat   Swashbuckling Combat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Swashbuckling Combat
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Bloodfire Brotherhood :: General Discussion :: General Discussions :: General PotBS-
Jump to: