The Bloodfire Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bloodfire Brotherhood

The Bloodfire Brotherhood on the Rack a Society within The Pirates of the Burning Sea

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Read all! -Most Urgent-

Go down 
+2
Chantilly Angevin
Owl
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Owl
Pirate Lord "Boss Mon"
Pirate Lord
Owl

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-02-21

Read all! -Most Urgent- Empty
PostSubject: Read all! -Most Urgent-   Read all! -Most Urgent- Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 9:33 am

I want to ask you all to read the following and express your views on it, the account 'o one Jonathan Berkeley!

This is just one of many "incidents" that happened when dealing with that scum and i demand we look into this matter at some point!

Even if this means forming an alliance with mentioned Red Coats! In fact there are some that have already offered to aid in many ways and one bein' PvP an offer made by someone well known and very high in level some many moons ago! He made this offer knowing that i am known for my views on many matters and we do seem to share a sence 'o honor!

I want us all to seriously consider this for there is a growing presence and its called the French/Spaniard threat!!!

I have postboned this for too long now, let it be known that no member ´o Flat Earth shall ever recieve quarter or merci for that matter!

If ye find them gut them where they stand!

Signed,

Captain Henk Owl

Last edited by Owl on Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:00 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Chantilly Angevin
Scurvy Dawgs
Scurvy Dawgs
Chantilly Angevin

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Read all! -Most Urgent-   Read all! -Most Urgent- Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 1:21 pm

I would beg you all to exercise some patience and restraint... this is not an easy time for the French nation. I know not of any Frenchman who condones these actions, at least not outside of Flat Earth. I am terribly distraught over this - on a personal note, today is my anniversary, and here I am playing diplomacy wars instead of enjoying my day, to give you an idea of the seriousness of this situation... You won't catch any tears being shed by us should Paddy and Di sink to the bottom of the ocean.

Unfortunately all we have is time at the moment, as we must wait to see what the senior officers of Flat Earth decide to do. I have a grave fear that they will not do the right thing, and in that case they will need to be held accountable for those actions. Until then, please do not punish all of Flat Earth for the actions of a few dishonorable players...
Back to top Go down
Owl
Pirate Lord "Boss Mon"
Pirate Lord
Owl

PostSubject: Re: Read all! -Most Urgent-   Read all! -Most Urgent- Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 3:38 pm

Chantilly Angevin wrote:
Until then, please do not punish all of Flat Earth for the actions of a few dishonorable players...

Well to be honest that is what Flat Earth is about really, this event is just the spark that was needed to ingnite the powder and it was bound to happen anyways! They have stood against me and many i know for some time now and the encounters have always been grieving and most dishonorable as well as dishonest! Still what they have done today or yesterday for i do not even know when exactly this transgression took place, they have really overstepped a line! Never ever have i seen anything like what has been described before and to me it is common practise among all of Flat Earth!

For now enjoy your birthday dear friend and not to worry, this situation shall be resolved someway i am sure...

For what it is worth i do want the entire Brotherhood to respond to this thread no exceptions!
Back to top Go down
The Black Sword
Pirate Lord "Boss Mon"
Pirate Lord
The Black Sword

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: Read all! -Most Urgent-   Read all! -Most Urgent- Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 5:07 pm

Again I understand Ganking is part of the game! But with that said I only have respect for a fair'er gamemenship! After the Battle of Havana myself and Allissa had grouped with some member's of the Crimson Blades and we were engaging the port of Cayo de Marquise, mostly just NPC missions....We noticed the Flat Earth had gathered at the port and ultimatly engaged myself and William of the Crimson Blades, in the instance our bow's got stuck (A bug in the game) and rendered us unable to manuver......the Onslaught continued without resistance from our motionless state! That is POOR gamemenship! plain and simple, I would have enjoyed a defeat if i was unable to flee or even volley a few shots! But unable to participate untill William sank and i with little left in the hull is hardly fun fer anyone! This has brought me to the point that no matter where they are Flat Earth will be engaged at all costs! (Since i aquire me ships fer free!) it may become more costly to them!!!

William shortly there after re-engaged and had taken home a nice SOL that someone had brought out! HEHE Good fer him say's I, most well deserved!
Back to top Go down
Owl
Pirate Lord "Boss Mon"
Pirate Lord
Owl

PostSubject: Re: Read all! -Most Urgent-   Read all! -Most Urgent- Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 5:57 pm

Both hail to thee my brothers! Very Happy

That would not by any chance be master Obvious 'o the blades now would it?!

The Black Sword wrote:
This has brought me to the point that no matter where they are Flat Earth will be engaged at all costs!

Let us write this accord in blood says i, at least after i have returned to the West Indies that is...

Last edited by Owl on Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jimar Dupont
Pirate
Pirate
Jimar Dupont

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Read all! -Most Urgent-   Read all! -Most Urgent- Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 6:53 pm

*grin*

I say start da splayin'. Choo know me mon capitan. Always willin' to explore da insides o' dem fils de bâtard de l'utérus gâté d'une chèvre noire French!!!

*spits on a blade and pounds it into the rail*
Back to top Go down
Owl
Pirate Lord "Boss Mon"
Pirate Lord
Owl

PostSubject: Re: Read all! -Most Urgent-   Read all! -Most Urgent- Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 6:57 pm

Well as long as ye will not hold it against me for having a black rose tattoo on me arm, and a line that reads Fleur Noir splay 'n splatter all you wants to satisfy Baron Samedi...

affraid
Back to top Go down
Allissa
Pirate
Pirate
Allissa

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Read all! -Most Urgent-   Read all! -Most Urgent- Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 8:56 pm

Aye that was William Obvious that took that SOL from Henry, we was all saddened that it was from henry but he attacked us first. And not to fear he was not alone, it was a clean fight and I be proud to say I assited William in capturing that SOL!
Back to top Go down
Owl
Pirate Lord "Boss Mon"
Pirate Lord
Owl

PostSubject: Re: Read all! -Most Urgent-   Read all! -Most Urgent- Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 9:15 pm

It's only "obvious" that i am really proud to hear that! And yes i have had some dealings with said gentleman Moliere on paper that is and that is saddening indeed, the fact that he lost his precious ship that is!

Still lets not wallow in our grief for too long shall we... drunken

Last edited by Owl on Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Antonin Crowe
Pirate
Pirate
Antonin Crowe

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Read all! -Most Urgent-   Read all! -Most Urgent- Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 3:06 am

Powdersmoke, blood and booty, ye can count me in! I support joining an alliance to prey on these miserable dogs. Where my Brothers fight so shall I! Any harm I am able to do on my own account will be done as well. I do caution ye all against letting the bloodlust take ye though.
What have we gained if we shall lose our own honor in the process of enforcing honor for all?

((I agree that it is up to us to police our server and make griefers unwelcome. I would caution all though to not stoop to their level. Let's not gank these people, let's defeat them repeatedly in fair or mostly fair combat.))
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/revmisery
Owl
Pirate Lord "Boss Mon"
Pirate Lord
Owl

PostSubject: Re: Read all! -Most Urgent-   Read all! -Most Urgent- Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 12:14 pm

Well spoken my dear friend, you are a wise man indeed! Very Happy

Unfortunately not many share our views were honorable fights are concerned! I am not saying that we should make the entire French nation pay not at all, i still have many friends among them and would very much like to keep it that way.

Still where these scoundrels are concerned i would not mind at all to see them driven out completely as they will eventually ruin it for many more people! And to illustrate any further please look at what their socalled leadership has to say about it, or should i once again say lack off?!
Had this been done my members 'o The Brotherhood i would have expelled them myself without a second thought for i will never let our standing and good name be ruined by a few, ever!

I can understand though why they stick to eachother like glue for i have never witnessed anything remotely honorable about Flat Earth in the first place and that fact alone proves that they do not care at all, they may even laugh about such matters which makes it all the more sad if ye ask me!

There are real people behind everyone ye see or meet otherwise, we are all playing this grand game because we either love the setting or the ships and/or economy appeal to us. That must never be ruined for anyone, and someone who breaks that rule and does so repeatedly shall have to deal with the consequences eventually!

What happens from this day on is not even in our own hands anymore for it was them that crossed a line that should have never been crossed!

Those that cause grief shall receive so a ten fold or more...

I shall not make any more comments on this matter on the officila forums as i have told monsieur Moliere myself, but let it be know ladies 'n gents that ye keep those swords sharp and polished and that powder dry for these are in fact dark times for Bonny i fear!

Last edited by Owl on Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chantilly Angevin
Scurvy Dawgs
Scurvy Dawgs
Chantilly Angevin

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Read all! -Most Urgent-   Read all! -Most Urgent- Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 1:39 pm

I just wanted you all to know this from the French standpoint...

Official Statement from La Compagnie des îles Occidentales

In Re: The Claims of Jonathan Berkeley and Reply from the Flat Earth Society

So that we are properly understood it should be stated that according to our understanding, the following facts are resolved between all parties and therefore not in dispute:

1.) That the Aggrieved, Jonathan Berkeley (JB) was attacked by members of Flat Earth Society (FES), and that in the ensuing combat, JB negotiated his surrender and the subsequent cessation of hostilities for the agreed upon consideration of 15 Marks of Victory (MoV).

2.) That the Aggrieved did produce and provide the MoV’s to FES.

3.) That, two members of FES (Paddy Finn, Di Gorno) who were party to the agreement violated the terms by continuing to fire upon the Aggrieved, sinking his vessel constituting a breach of an implied contract.

4.) Words and actions subsequently exchanged between the two parties has revealed that the two members of FES responsible for the sinking of the Aggrieved were acting in full knowledge of the consequences of their actions.

THEREFORE, we of the Company soundly and officially CONDEMN the actions of Paddy Finn and Di Gorno, and the resultant justification offered by the Senior Leadership of the FES as relayed by Darius Blunt.

FURTHERMORE, we extend this condemnation to include all those who would offer support to the Named.

FURTHERMORE, we condemn any and all who would engage upon same or similar behavior.

FURTHERMORE, we of the Company find the offered justification to be OFFENSIVE to the principles of Justice and Honor.

It is an offense against the Sacred principle of Justice because in addition to the wrongs committed by the members of its Society, FES has chosen to poison the debate with vague and unsubstantiated claims of past transgressions. This has the effect of compounding injustice with further injustice, meeting a just and fair claim with slander and insinuation.

It is an offense against the Sacred principle of Honor because it endorses a view that if one party to a dispute should act without honor, then it is permissible for all others to dispense with their own honor as it should prove convenient. This would have the effect of destroying the standards of honor and fairness which make possible all civilized discourse between Men.

Each of us must make for ourselves the choices which define us. If we are generous and choose to give the benefit of the doubt to the claims offered as justification to us by the FES, we are either to believe that Justice or Honor are at best irrelevant, or at worst meaningless.

We on the other hand endeavor to conduct ourselves according to standards which allow us to maintain for ourselves the reputation of honorable combatants, even, and especially if our enemies do not. We call on all our fellow Compatriots to conduct themselves in similar fashion in all their dealings with the Enemy, whoever they might be.

Signed,

The officers Chantilly Angevin, Marinus Marchand, and Sinclair Marcellus,
on behalf of all the members of La Compagnie
Back to top Go down
Owl
Pirate Lord "Boss Mon"
Pirate Lord
Owl

PostSubject: Re: Read all! -Most Urgent-   Read all! -Most Urgent- Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 4:59 pm

Very nice words as always i might add, but this is your stance on said matter and i never doubted that for i know that the members 'o La Compagnie have in fact honor! From Flat Earth we expect nothing for they have proven what they are about on numerous occasions, the incident with capn' Berkeley was merely the last drop and a most tragic one at that!

I seriously wonder if anything positive will come from all this since i and everyone on the official forums have read the responces 'o said members as well as their self proclaimed leadership! It's a disgrace and never should have happened, the fact that other societies and other French condemn it is good but i seriously doubt anything will change untill those responcible will pack up and leave for a "fox" will never change its ways...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Read all! -Most Urgent-   Read all! -Most Urgent- Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Read all! -Most Urgent-
Page 1 of 1