The Bloodfire Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bloodfire Brotherhood

The Bloodfire Brotherhood on the Rack a Society within The Pirates of the Burning Sea

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Server transfer, where are we going?

Go down 
+11
Owl
Red Kelly
Antonin Crowe
William Mattheson
Chantilly Angevin
Leo-Paul Lefevre
Balgar Romelvitch
Allissa
Mendez
Lily La Salle
Jaynus Roe
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jaynus Roe
Sailor
Sailor

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Server transfer, where are we going? Empty
PostSubject: Server transfer, where are we going?   Server transfer, where are we going? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 4:17 pm

http://www.burningsea.com/page/news/article&article_id=10753

Looks like we have 4 choices -

• Roberts
• Blackbeard
• Rackham
• Antigua

Whats the plan boss?
Back to top Go down
Lily La Salle
Pirate
Pirate
Lily La Salle

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Server transfer, where are we going?   Server transfer, where are we going? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 4:53 pm

my vote would be Rackham, only because i started off on antigua and still have all the characters and stuff there. (if my vote counts)
Back to top Go down
Mendez
Pirate Lord "Boss Mon"
Pirate Lord
Mendez

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Server transfer, where are we going?   Server transfer, where are we going? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 4:55 pm

Rackham for me as well then, or for sure not Antigua. I hope the whole rp population doesn't want to go exactly there.
Back to top Go down
Jaynus Roe
Sailor
Sailor

PostSubject: Re: Server transfer, where are we going?   Server transfer, where are we going? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 5:01 pm

Aye I'm with both of you on Rackham; There is a thread going for where people on Bonny want to go.

I see a problem with that though - we should probably transfer sooner rather than later so we have a little time to re-situate (before the transfers start making it harder and harder to haul).

The people on the forums are going to argue all day and all night and never say anything decisive - I've noticed they like to do that heh.
Back to top Go down
Allissa
Pirate
Pirate
Allissa

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Server transfer, where are we going?   Server transfer, where are we going? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 5:20 pm

This all upsets me, I will go where ye all go but i do hope we take in consideration of where most of the rest of our server goes, so far from what i have read it seems split between antiqua and blackbeard, *sigh* its a conspiracy to keep the pirates down i say! lol
Back to top Go down
Balgar Romelvitch
Scoundrel
Scoundrel

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Server transfer, where are we going?   Server transfer, where are we going? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 7:52 pm

Soo....Rickham then? That kinda sucks, seems most of Bonny is going over to Blackbeard or Antiqua.

To be honest this is the single worst way they could have handled this, rather then just slam the servers together they're breaking us all up except for a few? This has honestly made me upset at FLS, I'm not QUITTING or anything but I'm definatly having a 'why are these people making a game' moment right now.
Back to top Go down
Leo-Paul Lefevre
Pirate Lord "Boss Mon"
Pirate Lord

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Server transfer, where are we going?   Server transfer, where are we going? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 8:28 pm

So, at this moment, looks like there's a vote for us to move to Rackham server. I'll go where we all go. No doubt about it!
Back to top Go down
Leo-Paul Lefevre
Pirate Lord "Boss Mon"
Pirate Lord

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Server transfer, where are we going?   Server transfer, where are we going? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 8:48 pm

Oh, and when a decision is agreed upon, would somebody send an ingame letter to everyone please?
Back to top Go down
Chantilly Angevin
Scurvy Dawgs
Scurvy Dawgs
Chantilly Angevin

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Server transfer, where are we going?   Server transfer, where are we going? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 10:05 pm

Good luck to the lot of you, wherever you may settle.

At this time, for those who might care to know, La Compagnie is still debating but currently leaning toward Antigua for a new home.
Back to top Go down
William Mattheson
Sailor
Sailor

Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Server transfer, where are we going?   Server transfer, where are we going? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 10:37 pm

well this makes me less than pleased....and i dont think il be going to rakham..i created a toon there just to try out freetrader...and i left within 1hr due to it not seeming to be a very rp friendly place...so for now im leaning towards antigua,il have to delete my freetrader there tho but the server seemed fairly decent,and as my pirate is my main well.....not decided yet tho...going to need to troll the forums before deciding.

William Mattheson Captain of The Raven's Eye.
Back to top Go down
Allissa
Pirate
Pirate
Allissa

PostSubject: Re: Server transfer, where are we going?   Server transfer, where are we going? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 2:19 am

After doing some research this is how this is going to work. They are taking the total number of lets say pirates on all the servers they are closing and divinding it by four and that is how many they are letting transfer into each server. One that number has been reached on that server they are closing it for transfer reasons, so said if your alts and or society is already there they are suppose to "assist" in helping move us. Alot are going to Rockham Hoist your colors, bad times crimson blades and a few others, some are going as soon as today to not risk having there members locked out. I am going to rockham as soon as possible so hopefully we can make this descion as soon as possible, and have it set up before ppl are locked out. So please let me know if we are going and reassemblying or not as soon as possible. Because I want to go with my friends and do not want to be locked out and stranded on a server alone.
Back to top Go down
William Mattheson
Sailor
Sailor

PostSubject: Re: Server transfer, where are we going?   Server transfer, where are we going? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 3:39 am

Well....William Mattheson is now a Resident of antigua...fair winds to you all if you decide to head to rackham,....oh and once i get me flag reposted(was rejected) i might sneak back in here to beg for votes...till then stay safe and dont get sunk.

William Mattheson, Captain of the Raven's Cry
Back to top Go down
Allissa
Pirate
Pirate
Allissa

PostSubject: Re: Server transfer, where are we going?   Server transfer, where are we going? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 3:56 am

Destiny Walker has been moved to Rackham and the economy is much better already looking, iI guess all in all it is for the best. William please do let us know about ye flag my dear. Ye will always have my vote!
Back to top Go down
William Mattheson
Sailor
Sailor

PostSubject: Re: Server transfer, where are we going?   Server transfer, where are we going? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 4:04 am

will do Allissa and if ye or any of the others feel like vacationing on Antigua feel free to look me up for any help i can offer,i insist! oh how il miss bantering with Leo....

William Mattheson, Captain of the Raven's Cry
Back to top Go down
Allissa
Pirate
Pirate
Allissa

PostSubject: Re: Server transfer, where are we going?   Server transfer, where are we going? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 4:17 am

I think im moving my french free trader there so when i do play her i shall keep and eye open for ya
Back to top Go down
Antonin Crowe
Pirate
Pirate
Antonin Crowe

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Server transfer, where are we going?   Server transfer, where are we going? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 5:19 am

FLS is likely losing me over this. I hate overcrowding and the lag it causes, I hate immature players and I hate moving. With AoC launching soon, I may just cut this game lose now. I was planning to play both but probably not after this.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/revmisery
Allissa
Pirate
Pirate
Allissa

PostSubject: Re: Server transfer, where are we going?   Server transfer, where are we going? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 5:56 am

I'm sorry to hear it capn but i do understand ur reasons. If ye do decide to go ye will be missed. Sad
Back to top Go down
Red Kelly
Scurvy Dawgs
Scurvy Dawgs

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Server transfer, where are we going?   Server transfer, where are we going? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 7:42 am

I am torn, and have not decided. Torn between following you guys, or going to antiqua, which I think fits me better server wise, with the expected lower populace
Back to top Go down
Red Kelly
Scurvy Dawgs
Scurvy Dawgs

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Server transfer, where are we going?   Server transfer, where are we going? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 8:00 am

And the decision is made. I go to antiqua, for personal reasons. I loved sailing with you guys, I can honestly say even though I played MMOs for the better part of 6 or so years, that you guys are the best and most warm group of friends I had the pleasure to hang out with.
We WILL talk again though, via diplomacy. My spaniards are on Rackham.
Back to top Go down
Owl
Pirate Lord "Boss Mon"
Pirate Lord
Owl

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Server transfer, where are we going?   Server transfer, where are we going? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 9:03 am

Antonin Crowe wrote:
FLS is likely losing me over this. I hate overcrowding and the lag it causes, I hate immature players and I hate moving. With AoC launching soon, I may just cut this game lose now. I was planning to play both but probably not after this.

I am with you on this my friend!

In fact the game has already lost me and it has to do more with the lack of lust i felt lately to even play the game. With the richness and dept of Age of Conan and its wonderfull combat system i have already deceided to go there! Good luck to ye all wherever you may go...
Back to top Go down
Allissa
Pirate
Pirate
Allissa

PostSubject: Re: Server transfer, where are we going?   Server transfer, where are we going? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 9:31 am

This is one sad day I thought would never come. The day The Brotherhood all parted company. I feel as if I have lost very close friends indeed. Ye all shall be missed greatly. I will be sailing on Rackham under The Crimson Blade sails. I hope to see some of ye there and for the ones I do not, it was a honor to sail by ye sides and shall not be forgotten!
Back to top Go down
Jaynus Roe
Sailor
Sailor

PostSubject: Re: Server transfer, where are we going?   Server transfer, where are we going? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 9:47 am

Under these circumstances then, since Owl will not being joining us anywhere and people are already deciding, I will be going to Antigua.

EDIT: can people call out what server (if any) they are going to in this thread so we can all try to keep in touch if we are on the same server?
Back to top Go down
Chantilly Angevin
Scurvy Dawgs
Scurvy Dawgs
Chantilly Angevin

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Server transfer, where are we going?   Server transfer, where are we going? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 10:51 am

Owl wrote:
In fact the game has already lost me and it has to do more with the lack of lust i felt lately to even play the game. With the richness and dept of Age of Conan and its wonderfull combat system i have already deceided to go there! Good luck to ye all wherever you may go...

*waves* I'll miss ya, Henk. Good luck to you as well.
Back to top Go down
Mendez
Pirate Lord "Boss Mon"
Pirate Lord
Mendez

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Server transfer, where are we going?   Server transfer, where are we going? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 11:21 am

I'm pissed about the way this has been handled so far. I usually don't rant and try to make fair comments, so this is supposed to be honest critisism:

I am dissapointed about how fast some of the guild members have already changed servers, not even 24 hours after the announcement has been made by FLS, and before our leaders had the chance of working anything out at all. I know the character slots on each server are limited, but we should have taken at least a day or two to make plans and try to keep everybody (who is interested at all) together. I will really miss some of you, I won't have the time to play on 2 servers Sad

Its no problem that two of our leaders haven't posted anything yet, it hasn't even been a day since we got to know about the whole server thing. To your above post, Henk, I would have expected you to try keeping the society together, not something like that, thats all I will say to it.
Back to top Go down
Owl
Pirate Lord "Boss Mon"
Pirate Lord
Owl

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Server transfer, where are we going?   Server transfer, where are we going? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 11:26 am

I agree Mendz but i was lost to the game some weeks ago, did not enjoy it anymore no ones fault really but my own i guess!

However i have been dissappointed with the pvp in this game its all about unfair odds and that is not my play style so i lost my appetite for that long ago! Still as it appears many shall sail on Rackam, i have no objections to that!

The fact that i have been away has also to do with my real life as many know! I am troubled yet again by my ex wife and the bills she has made years ago keep falling on me now! Not much to be done about that as my lawyer says so i am basicly screwed as allways, but i guess in a game and in real life that is the way it works! The price i pay for always being honest and caring i think...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Server transfer, where are we going?   Server transfer, where are we going? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Server transfer, where are we going?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next