The Bloodfire Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bloodfire Brotherhood

The Bloodfire Brotherhood on the Rack a Society within The Pirates of the Burning Sea

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Brotherhood Code of Conduct

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The Black Sword
Pirate Lord "Boss Mon"
Pirate Lord
The Black Sword

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-02-21

The Brotherhood Code of Conduct Empty
PostSubject: The Brotherhood Code of Conduct   The Brotherhood Code of Conduct Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 6:52 am

These are the out of character rules of the Brotherhood.

1. Have fun.

This rule has to be the first in our minds at all times. It's why we play games after all. It is why we became Pirates!

2. Respect

Show respect at all times to your fellow society members, our allies, but not our enemies. You must agree to use appropriate language at all times. No excessive swearing, insulting other members, racial/cultural/religious/sexual slurs, x-rated jokes/conversations, or "flame wars". Remember that even when roleplaying there is a real person behind the character. As such, there should be no one using their roleplay to force someone to do something they are uncomfortable with or they have not approved ahead of time.

3. Cheating

Cheating of any form will not be tolerated, hacking, using known exploits, finding an exploit and not reporting it, cheat programs are not acceptable. You will be removed from the society without question, beyond whatever FLS decides to do to the cheater. If you find a bug, report it!

4. Roleplay

We are a medium RP society. In essense, roleplaying your character is required for this society. We use the term medium RP because there will be OOC topics for use in allowing us to communicate in a non-character manner. Outside of the OOC topics, it is expected that you will roleplay your character. It doesn't require crazy speech patterns or great acting ability. It's easy to learn and fun to do. If you are new to an RP but interested, please check out our forums for hints and examples. Someone would be more than happy to help you grow your RP skills.

5. Organization

Firstly, everyone has a voice in the society. All major society out of character decisions and new members will be subject to a vote of the active membership. At times it may be necessary for the society officers to make quick in character decisions which will not be subject to a vote by everyone.

6. Conflict Resolution

You are strongly encouraged to take any out-of-game disagreements to private messaging between the involved parties. Do NOT bring them to the forum. If this does not work for some reason, then contact an officer who will attempt to arbitrate. Roleplay often brings with it in character tensions, which is all part of the fun. Remember to keep in character tensions in game and not turn it into out of game drama. At the end of the day we are all just trying to have fun playing a game. Pirate bosses, if need be, have the right to remove members in extreme cases.

7. Active

We encourage society members to contribute to the society as much as possible. It is expected that members will monitor the forums for guild news and events and log into the game regularly. Those who are most active will get the most out of the society. As such we ask that on our chosen server members do not join multiple societies. If members are inactive for a month or more they may be subject to removal from the society at the officer's discretion if no word is received as to the members intentions. If you will be inactive for a month or more for some reason then simply let us know and we'll "keep the light on". Real life always comes first everytime.

8. Society Needs.

We are mainly looking for those wanting to play along and help other's along as this is the best fit for our society. We would like to encourage Society trading.

9. Lastly....have FUN!!

It's a great rule so we're listing it twice. Seriously the most important rules we abide by should be in game and IC. We are an RP society after all. That's where our characters live. We want the leanest of OOC rules, but a few are necessary. Thanks for making the Brotherhood the best society in PotBS
Back to top Go down
Owl
Pirate Lord "Boss Mon"
Pirate Lord
Owl

Number of posts : 210

PostSubject: Re: The Brotherhood Code of Conduct   The Brotherhood Code of Conduct Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 9:23 am

I would like to add that point 2 should be observed at all times for there have been a number of complaints where certain members have used insulting and abusive language while meeting or engaging others!

We have a good name on Bonny and that is something i would like to keep,
i am sure that we all do for that matter!

Thank you...
Back to top Go down
Aguinara
Scurvy Dawgs
Scurvy Dawgs
Aguinara

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: The Brotherhood Code of Conduct   The Brotherhood Code of Conduct Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 9:58 am

Owl wrote:
I would like to add that point 2 should be observed at all times for there have been a number of complaints where certain members have used insulting and abusive language while meeting or engaging others!

We have a good name on Bonny and that is something i would like to keep,
i am sure that we all do for that matter!

Thank you...

I'll second that point. I have noticed that some societies already have bad reputations on the forums. It seems that some other players in other nations respect our society thus far. I think our reputation will grow in a good way if we try not to step on too many toes.
Back to top Go down
Kitty Luckshot
Scoundrel
Scoundrel

Number of posts : 26

PostSubject: Re: The Brotherhood Code of Conduct   The Brotherhood Code of Conduct Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 1:36 pm

Oops. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Owl
Pirate Lord "Boss Mon"
Pirate Lord
Owl

PostSubject: Re: The Brotherhood Code of Conduct   The Brotherhood Code of Conduct Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 7:44 am

Kitty Luckshot wrote:
Oops.

Whot? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Aguinara
Scurvy Dawgs
Scurvy Dawgs
Aguinara

Number of posts : 20

PostSubject: Re: The Brotherhood Code of Conduct   The Brotherhood Code of Conduct Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 8:57 am

Kitty Luckshot wrote:
Oops. Laughing

That is absolute hilarity. Kitty Luckshot is now my new hero and mentor. Sorry Owl, you have been replaced. =)
Back to top Go down
Owl
Pirate Lord "Boss Mon"
Pirate Lord
Owl

PostSubject: Re: The Brotherhood Code of Conduct   The Brotherhood Code of Conduct Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 8:58 am

Really?! Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Brotherhood Code of Conduct   The Brotherhood Code of Conduct Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Brotherhood Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 1